Old Cutlery Factory (Bresteval Area)
Towards the end of 1800 it was built by an unknown man coming from Mação, a village where at that time there were already weaving factories and with the aim of using the wool from the many cattle that existed in the area, as well as in the village also plenty of available labor, not lacking water for washing the same (are still visible inside and outside the tanks for this purpose).
It is not known if its activity began with or without authorization, it is known by information from ancestors that the surrounding smell was very unpleasant, as well as the water released into the small stream attached causing anger to the population, is also unknown if these were the reasons for its closure by the Venatoria.
From the current owners of the land, it is known that, by the beginning of 1900, this land was owned by João Simões, a businessman and natural of Aldeia de Eiras, who married Maria Thomásia, natural of this village (Carregueira).
N 39º 34' 15.706'' W 8º 1' 44.393''
© Rotas de Mação | Developed by InfoPortugal