OUR LADY OF THE STAR CHAPEL
Legend has it that in this place, in the hollow of a cork oak tree, a shepherd found a STAR in the form of an image being kept in an old hayloft that existed there.
"The people of Mação (as they were called by the people of the village), came here to take it away and took it to the village church several times, but it always returned to the hayloft.
For this reason the people decided to build a very small chapel where to keep the STAR that they called OUR LADY OF THE STAR.
Later by the end of 1800 with the monetary help of several benefactors linked to the village and with the collaboration of manual labor and materials (stone and wood) of the same built on the same site a new and current church.
N 39º 34' 26.228'' W 8º 1' 43.749''
© Rotas de Mação | Developed by InfoPortugal