Devotion: Nossa Senhora da Graça (formerly dedicated to Nossa Senhora da Expetação).
Places: Alpalhão, Ameixial (or Maxial), Avessada, Barca da Amieira, Carrascal, Cumeada, Ferrenha (or Mata de Envendos), Ladeira, Mata Cimeira, Montargil, Montinho, Oliveirinha, Rebique, Sanguinheira, Santo Aleixo, São José, Vale da Gama, Vale da Mua, Vale de Coelho, Vale de Grou, Vale de Junco, Venda Nova, Vilar da Lapa, Zimbreira, Zimbreirinha.
Casais: Coutada and Ordem.
It was one of the villages of the grand priory of Crato, belonged to the Order of Malta, in the old comarca of Crato, and was the purveyor of Tomar.
Obtained charter on May 18, 1518 given by D. Manuel I (which includes other localities of the Order of the Hospital).
In 1835 it appears in the district of Santarém along with five other villages of the extinct priory of Crato (Belver, Cardigos, Carvoeiro, Oleiros and Pedrógão Pequeno).
The county was extinguished in 1836 and integrated in Mação, in the district of Castelo Branco.
In the maps of judicial division, approved by Decree of December 28, 1840, alluding to the Decree of judicial reform of May 21, 1841, Mação appears as a judge in the comarca of Abrantes, administrative district of Santarém.
With the civil administration law of June 26th, 1867, whose maps were published on December 10th of the same year, the county of Mação was suppressed and became part of the county of Proença-a-Nova, which was revoked by the Decree of January 14th, 1868, in the scope of the contestatory movement that became known as "Janeirinha".
It was a curate of the presentation of the prior of Crato, and from 1790 of the House of the Infantado until its extinction in 1834.
He continued in the grand priorate of Crato while nullis diocesis, annexed in spiritualibus to the patriarchate of Lisbon, extinct definitively in the end of 1882, date in which he passed to the diocese of Portalegre.
Currently it belongs to the diocese of Portalegre-Castelo Branco, archpriest of Abrantes.
CUSTODIAL AND ARCHIVAL HISTORY
In general, the originals were in the possession of the parish church until 1859. The decree of August 19 of that year ordered that the parish registry books and documents be filed in the Ecclesiastical Chambers, with duplicates kept in the parishes. The decree of February 18, 1911 (DG No. 41 of February 20, 1911) which established the compulsory Civil Register, ordered that the parish registry books existing in the Ecclesiastical Chambers, as well as the originals and duplicates, kept by the parish priests, as they ceased functions in their respective parishes, be transferred to the competent Civil Registry Offices. In 1916 (Decree No. 2225 of February 18), in order to collect parish registers, under the terms of Decree No. 1630 of June 9, 1915, the Archive of Parish Registers, Civil Registry was created, attached to the National Archive, which by the Decree of May 18, 1918, was also the archive of the districts of Lisbon and Santarém. Its headquarters were located in the former Episcopal Palace of São Vicente de Fora, and in 1953, it was moved to a ground-floor building on Rua dos Prazeres. In 1972, it moved to the National Archives of the Torre do Tombo, in the São Bento Palace, where it remained until 1990, when its own building was moved and inaugurated in Campo Grande. The District Archive of Santarém, created by decree no. 46,350, on 22nd May 1965, began operating in 1974. The originals remain in the possession of the District Archives of Lisbon (Torre do Tombo) until the mid-19th century.
IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF ACQUISITION OR TRANSFER
Incorporations dated December 15, 1977, March 13, 1989, January 26, 1994, February 12, 1998, August 26, 2003, and March 14, 2013 from the Mação Civil Registry Office.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
Mação municipality. Parish of Envendos. Documentation consisting of baptismal, marriage and death records.
(Source: DISTRICT ARCHIVE OF SANTAREM)
N 39º 34' 6.915'' W 7º 52' 32.007''
© Rotas de Mação | Developed by InfoPortugal