Dr. João de Oliveira Casquilho was one of the greatest exponents of love for His Land.
A citizen born in Ortiga who, among the financial support granted, in addition to the high donation to the cemetery project, includes, in 1923, the full financing of the construction of the first public fountain, in the centre of Ortiga, the exploitation and the network for channelling drinking water from the Corga das Figueiras, right next to the Vale Grande, to the aforementioned fountain.
The respected industrialist who was in Tomar, it should not be forgotten that he was the founder of the Matrena paper mill, and his political influence with the Central Government was not insignificant in creating the new parish.
The results of all this collective effort are identified as positive factors in the preamble of Decree no. 15324, of 31 March 1928, diploma which creates the parish of Ortiga.
N 39º 29' 3.541'' W 8º 1' 13.321''
© Rotas de Mação | Developed by InfoPortugal